A chance to learn more about the history of Capoeira researched by the LSC instructors and senior students.
- The development of Capoeira in Europe – an observation of masters who were students of Master Sombra, of the Association of Capoeira Senzala: researched by Monitora Caterina and Formado Andrew
- Music: When was Capoeira music separated from other African Brazilian cultural art forms in Brasil?
- How many continents are now practicing Capoeira?
5.30pm: 1st Lecture
6.30pm: 2nd Lecture
7.30pm: 3rd Lecture
8.30: a Glass of wine, snacks and chat among all
£5: support fee
Saturday 5th August
Master Valdir Workshop: 4-6pm. All levels welcome.
Launch of Mestre Sombra and Mestre Liminha CD: 6pm – 7pm
Feijoada with Esmeralda: 7pm – 8.30pm
18th November, 3.30 – 7pm
With Master performances, Capoeira grading, workshops, live Rodas and passion for movement, music, culture and creativity.
An event for the whole family!
A Capoeira Batizado: it is a celebration in which capoeiristas are graded by experienced Masters and during which live Capoeira music, the “Roda” (the circle of Capoeira), and the jogo de Capoeira (the game), all contribute to a vivid and exhilarating cultural event.
Venue: IAMS Theatre, Turle Rd, London N4 3LS. For details: 020 7281 2020
Ticket collection: your ticket will be available for collection 30 minutes prior to the beginning of the event at the box office. The ticket will be reserved under your name, which you have used to purchase the ticket.
A trip to remember: 11th – 21st December 2016
- Rio de Janeiro from 11th – 14th Dec
- Ilha Bela from 15th – 17th
- Santos from 17th – 22nd
- in Rio: Pedra Bonita, Lapa, Cristo Redentor, Copacabana and Portela School of Samba
- In Ilha Bela: Capoeira Santista and Water Falls
- In Santos: Capoeira Santista, Capoeira Senzala,
LSCapoeira at the British Museum
April and May 2016
Children and adults trying out Capoeira during a sleepover at the museum.
I’d like to say a big thank you from myself and the Membership team for your four Capoeira sessions and superb demonstration at the sleepover this weekend. The sessions went really well and the Young Friends enjoyed themselves immensely.
Jennifer Gould, M.E. Assistant, British Museum