The lessons below are for students who have already attended one of our introductory courses.
Students are asked to wear the London School of Capoeira uniform during all lessons. Capoeira regular classes are of mixed ability. The training will include body conditioning, the practice of Capoeira movements, Capoeira sequences, basic acrobatics, music and Capoeira Roda.
The participants will develop according to their available time and ability. The masters of the LSCH aim to help all students develop towards their personal best by:
- Continuing to develop core skills of co-ordination, strength, flexibility and stamina during warm-up exercises.
- Building on the movement basics and more advanced of each general type (advancing, evading and basic Capoeira acrobatics).
- Developing further their ability and understanding while working on sequences of linked movements with a partner.
- Building on their knowledge and understanding of the principles of the game of Capoeira.
- Continuing to develop ability to apply the movements learned in class within the Roda of Capoeira.
- Continuing to develop the playfulness and sense of rhythms with the game of Capoeira.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Monday training: 7 – 8 pm, Capoeira technique, beginner level.
- Monday training: 8 – 9 pm, Capoeira technique, mixed level.
- Tuesday training: 7 – 8 pm, Capoeira music practice.
- Tuesday training: 8 – 9 pm, Capoeira technique, mixed level.
- Wednesday training: 7 – 8 pm, Capoeira technique, beginner level.
- Wednesday training: 8 – 9 pm, Capoeira technique, mixed level.
- Thursday training: 6.30 – 7.30 pm, Capoeira music practice.
- Thursday training: 7.30 – 9 pm, Generic Capoeira training, mixed level.
How often should I attend lessons?
We offer 7 movement lessons every week and one music class per month.
Students are welcome to attend all 7 sessions offered. We recommend attending lessons regularly either once or twice per week.
About payment methods:
1. Purchasing a course: courses are run as blocks of 4 or 5-week sessions depending on the number of weeks in a month.
You may choose the Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday or Thursday Evening course. These are set dates and participants will need to attend the chosen night/nights.
2.Monthly Passes, £130/£100 for under 18s: Offers more flexibility and starts on the first day and ends on the last day of the same month.
Herança Month Pass (£130/ £100 for under 18s), includes participation in all evening lessons.
3. A single lesson, £20 – the fee would cover one evening, two lessons if available.
To be purchased 12 hours prior to attending the chosen lesson.
We are happy to help:
Please call: 020 281 2020 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
The London School of Capoeira, Units 1 – 2 Leeds Place, Tollington Park
London N4 3RF / Finsbury Park tube station, Victoria and Piccadilly lines.